- News.Bitcoin reports Venezuela president Nicolás Maduro has assigned 5.3 billion barrels of crude oil worth $267 billion to back the nation’s cryptocurrency, called the Petro.
- CNN.com reports that Australian Banks "called out" for unfairly treating crypto traders.
- Australian Government further legitimizes Cryptocurrency in its 2018 Budget, eliminating elements of double taxation on Crypto, and further regulation. "The Government is introducing a world-leading legislative financial services regulatory sandbox to enable new and innovative FinTech products and services to be tested in Australia."
- The Russian Ministry of Finance caps ICO fundraising at 1 billion rubles (17.3 Million), as described by Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Moiseev.
- Following second YouBit Hack Korean Regulators conduct inspections of 10 cryptocurrency exchanges, which were "found to be inadequate".
To receive LastWeek Blockchain Updates click here and punch in your email.